Objectives and competences
The European Higher Education Area (EHEA) promotes the acquisition of competences during the educational process designed to be implemented in a professional context.
Candidates will acquire a number of competences throughout the educational process: basic, general and specific competences.
BASIC COMPETENCES (Appendix 1 section 3.3 from the royal decree 861/2010) AND GENERAL COMPETENCES
- Possess and understand knowledge that provides a basis or opportunity to be original in the development and/or application of ideas, often within a research context.
- Know how to apply the acquired knowledge and have the ability to solve problems in new or unfamiliar environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their field of study.
- Be able to integrate knowledge and handle the complexity of formulating judgements based on information that was incomplete or limited, including reflections on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgements.
- Know how to communicate their conclusions –and the knowledge and ultimate reasons supporting them– to specialists and non-specialists in a clear and unambiguous manner.
- Possess learning skills that enable them to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed or autonomous.
- Lead the work of a group.
- Implement a collaborative learning methodology, considering the possible conflicts that may arise.
- Use Catalan or Spanish at a level of professional expertise as well as English or French at an advanced level.
- Integrate linguistic knowledge with other disciplines
- Implement new information and communication technology in the fields of education, linguistic correction, terminology and intercultural communication
- Plan and manage linguistic diversity and intercultural communication situations
- Develop strategies and techniques applied to the description and understanding of language uses
- Apply editing techniques
- Apply proofreading techniques in Spanish and/or Catalan
- Design a language syllabus and implement it effectively and efficiently
- Define, programme and evaluate their own foreign language learning
- Work in academic and professional domains of specialization languages from a terminological perspective (* exclusive competence of the subject Specialized Languages)
- Translate texts between Catalan/Spanish and English (* exclusive competence of the subject Translation)